Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Dispatch-The War Room!

Have you ever wondered about the secret mystery of the back room at Hurricane Express?  I mean what do they do back there?  I am pretty sure it’s a secret society. So what is this secret back room at Hurricane Express?  Well it’s the place where all the magic happens.  Welcome to dispatch!  Dispatch reminds me of war room, phones ringing, cell phones beeping, keyboards clacking, a little screaming and I am almost positive I saw a carrier pigeon sent out the window.

From what I understand about what goes on back there it is like a 12 hour game of Let’s Make a Deal, five days a week.  Brokers like to call in and say, ”Hey do you have any trucks in Arkansas?”   Then the process begins of wheeling and dealing.

We have 5 dispatchers that sit around the mighty war desk; I am going to break this into 2 weeks to cover everyone. Let’s start with Stephan.  I see him as the right hand man at the war table, even though he sits on the left side of the head seat.  Here are 5 things you probably don’t know about Stephan.

1.     Training for his first Ironman Triathlon.
2.      Have run 3 marathons.
3.      Have won 3 World and 3 Grand National Turkey calling titles.
4.      Avid bow hunter.
5.      Like to go fishing.

So here is some basic info about him.  He is married to Tricia (16yrs in May).  He has 5 wonderful children and 2 grandchildren.  He is live in Springdale, AR which I am pretty sure he runs bikes or swims in a creek to get to work.  Just kidding, maybe.

Stephan always seems to be the first person here in the morning and very few times have I seen him leave early.  He is the guy in the back that is booking loads like a mad man and takes the time to train our baby dispatcher that is learning the ways of the company.





So speaking of our baby dispatcher, next we have Jake.  Jake is a man of few words.  Very few!  I had to drag this whole conversation out of him.  At the war table he would be the errand runner, the one they send out in the middle of battle.  So here are 5 facts that he acted like I was pulling all his teeth out to get.

1.      Mr. Ed is buried very close to his house. (I mean like really close)
2.      Loves LUNCH A LOT! (this kid can eat)
3.      Hates Dr. Pepper.
4.      Graduated from University of Arkansas
5.      Played Tennis in high School.

Just some basic info about Jake, he has no kids, one girlfriend and went to Tahlequah High School. Like I said it wasn’t easy getting this information from him.  I did get an awesome story about Mr. Ed, tourist and being naked.  I will let you ask him about that story, because I know it caught your interest. 

Most drivers never just ask for just Jake in the morning when doing check calls.  I always here Jake from State Farm or Jake the Snake, sometimes I call him baby Bob, because in the beginning he sat right next to Bob.


So next week we will learn all about everyone else that sits around the war table.


      







No comments:

Post a Comment